Our Dimensional Shipping extension is a smart solution for FedEx, UPS, and USPS users. It allows you to define the dimensions of your products, the dimensions of your boxes and rules for how you pack different combinations of product together.
The Dimensional Shipping extension supports a best-fit algorithm where you can specify product dimensions and select boxes each product fits then let Dimensional Shipping calculate the best way to pack. It supports uploading dimensions and box options using standard product import.
When a customer checks out, Dimensional Shipping works out how the products will be packed based on your rules and calculates the dimensional weight value of the package(s), as well as the actual weight. By sending both values to the carrier, you give them a better idea of the dimensions and weight of your shipment. In return you receive accurate rates for your shipments.
Note: This extension is compatible with UPS, FedEx, and USPS. It’s compatible with CE 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9.
Benefits of this extension include:
- Smart product packing – works out how products will be grouped and calculates dimensional weight
- Compatible with FedEx, UPS and USPS live rates
- Define dimensions for each of your products
- Define how different combinations of products are packaged together
- Specify the dimensions of each of your boxes
- Assign products to certain boxes (multiple products can be assigned to the same box)
- Option to pack products separately or combine in the same box
- Supports multiple boxes for the same product
- Supports international pricing
- Option to send declared value to carrier to calculate shipping insurance
- Support for an additional packaging weight
- Supports all product types including Configurable and Bundle with ability to set dimensions at either child or parent level
Licensing: One license per store. Details here.
Estimated install time: 2 hours.
Documentation Provided: Yes. Details here.